Nora Jones at the Bowl

By Bob Clasen


We watched Nora Jones last night at the Hollywood Bowl. I forgot how big the Bowl is: it holds 18,000 people. I haven’t been to Hollywood for a while, it still looks seedy and run down, but attracts enough people to create a traffic nightmare. Parking is stacked and getting out when 18,000 people try to exit simultaneously was enough to send me to an asylum.

Nora Jones (does everyone else know that she is the daughter of Ravi Shankar?) was very sweet in her performance, if not the most electric of performers. I love her voice and style.

The Bowl has had a complete facelift since I last attended: new shell, new sound system (MUCH better), and four huge 30 foot tall video screens that allow you to see the performer even if you are sitting in the cheap seats. Actually, we were pretty far back for $58 a pop.

Sharie and I shared a bottle of wine, cheese and crackers and some chicken concoction on a pizza size puff pastry and some chocolate dessert. Yum.

It was refreshing that Nora managed to get through her entire performance without making any political statements. I was not looking forward to eighteen thousand people fighting with one another about politics.

Today we are trapped at home until later this afternoon as today is the day of the Long Beach marathon and the course runs by our garage entrance and also down the bike path outside our beach side. I am being lazy and Sharie is puttering around cleaning stuff.

____________________

Comments

wow i love norah jones. she's one of my favorite artists...just bloghopping here. enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

Victory in Fallujah

War on Terror