I Wonder How Freedom of Speech Works With Islam?



I wonder what would happen if some cartoonists did some cartoons of Mohammad that did not assume that he was an infallible prophet of God, but just another man? This is, after all, the view of most other religions on the planet, plus the view of skeptics and atheists. Could Moslems handle this alternate point of view calmly and rationally? I mean, even Moslems must have some sense of humor, mustn't they? At the very least, I am sure that Europeans would be treated more kindly and gently than America, since Europe has beent over backwards to accomodate the Moslem's delicate sensibilities. What happens when Freedom of Speech conflicts with Moslem sensibilities?

On second thought, forget that I even brought the subject up.


Bob Clasen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anger Management

Victory in Fallujah

War on Terror